- 1 Cup of Almonds / Almond Flour
- 2/3 Cup Golden Ground Flax
- 2 tbs Coconut Flour
- 2 tbs Psyllium husk
- 1 tbs Maca (optional, adds an extra punch of nutrients)
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Coconut Palm Sugar (optional)
- pinch Salt
- 3/4 Cup warm filtered Water
- 2 Pasture Raised Eggs
- 1 tbs Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 tbs Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
I’ve been perfecting my West Bend Dual Blade Bread Maker, which I bought on Amazon. I have played around with many variations, as I felt 6-8 for a loaf is a bit much, surely you can make it using less . Also adding in some less expensive yet high nutrient ingredients to bring the cost down and improve texture.for some time now, yet have only started using a bread maker since December. Before then I made my in the oven. The difference is, you save time using the bread maker, and you tend to get a better rise. Coming in at $60-$75 and making bread weekly it was well worth the investment. I own a
The journey began, and I I finally got the texture just right. I love mine Toasted with rawand sunflower . Some mornings I have it with a poached or make a lunchtime panini with basil, prosciutto, sun dried tomatoes and goats cheese, mmmm….
I have made mine using whole almonds and grinding them first in my food processor along with some ground flax so it doesn’t go sticky or form into nutpaste. Else you can use Almond Four. It all depends on effort or price. If you can find almonds for cheaper than , you might want to go with grinding your own . Trader Joe’s also offer at $3.99 per lb, a little less finer than and made form whole almonds not blanched. Even this also works for my recipe.
My bread maker has the option of a 1/1.5 Loaf or 2/2.5lb loaf setting. Sometimes I make two small Paleo Breads, one sweet and one plain. I find using the split bread pan and making 2 loafs gives me a higher rise than using the larger 2lb.
I get about 12-15 Slices per small loaf. Double up on ingredients if you would like large loaf or only have a 2lb bread pan.
Also see my Sunflower Bread recipe, which works well in the oven, and is also another economical option for a Paleo Bread Recipe and a great alternative for those with nut allergies.
- Pour the warm Water in the bottom of the bread pan first, then add the and lightly stir or
- Add all Dry ingredients, apart from Coconut Palm Sugar
- Divide the Extra Virgin in 4 and place in the corners of the bread pan
- Make a little bowl in the middle, add sugar followed by
- Set your Bread Maker on the Quick Setting, medium crust, 1/1.5lb loaf setting, 345F